change default home sceen apps

Metal Militia

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
on my galaxy S4 mini GT-I9197 with 4.2.2
I've rooted it using Oden3-3.07 and using titanium back up version recently updated to 6.2.0.3. I2014-12-29 21.03.11.jpg uninstalled default explorer as I only use chrome. And it vanished from home screen fist pic is before I removed explorer . Then use see its disappeared . Manly I want to be able to customize them . Ie pic was screen shot from the web. How to I do that ...im new to this. I just want to put chrome in the missing spot where default explorer orginally was in the firts pic. Any helpful tips will be tremendous.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-12-29 21.00.11.jpg
    2014-12-29 21.00.11.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2014-12-29-20-51-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-20-51-36.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Apps. Find Internet. Long press it, then drag it to the homescreen. Long prss it on the homescreen and drag it down to the dock (which is where it was before). )I don't use TouchWiz any more, so that's from memory - you may be able to drag it directly from the Apps drawer to the dock.)

You''re not actually moving it from the Apps drawer, you're creating a shortcut in the dock.

Also, pressing a blank spot on the homescreen brings up a menu, IIRC, that has Shortcuts on it. One of them is probably Internet. (If not Shortcuts, then Apps.) Pressing that will put it on the homescreen and you can drag it to the dock.

Metal Militia

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks rukbat . It almost works lol. Wen I drag my chrome app down to the bottom four shortcuts their now they will blink as I pass over them but it won't let me drop it there. But it does work on friends note 4 remember that I have rooted my device and I will leave it rooted until I figure out to remove carrier start up animations. Maybe I've got to unroot it for it to work.

Metal Militia

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks rukbat . It almost works lol. Wen I drag my chrome app down to the bottom four shortcuts their now they will blink as I pass over them but it won't let me drop it there. But it does work on friends note 4 remember that I have rooted my device and I will leave it rooted until I figure out to remove carrier start up animations. Maybe I've got to unroot it for it to work.

Metal Militia

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
hi thanks for yr help, so ive unrooted it and now i cant even drag to the bottom draw as when it was rooted i cub drag there but not drop it aagggghhh ))) ive looked in options and there is no option for it there either as per a post from here... that will be for mini's big brov... any way the search goes on , churz

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since I used TouchWiz (like until 15 minutes after I owned the phone. It's almost the first thing I get rid of.) You have to drag Chrome to the homescreen, let go of it, then drag it to the dock. (The only reason I haven't completely uninstalled TW is to answer questions like this one.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol