Why isn't my phone working when I make calls?

EmilieSG

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello y'all.
My Android phone recently decided to not work when I make or recive calls. When I make calls I hear no dial tone, but the seconds counting the call tell me the call is still being made. Sometimes I can hear the other person on the line and sometimes I can't. Everytime a call happens the other person cannot hear me. I thought this was a mic problem so I used head phones with a build in mic. Still nothing. Speaker phone doesn't even work. I tried turning my phone off and on again but that did nothing.
I don't exactly want to do a factory reset yet so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have, and how old is it? Have you spoken to your wireless carrier about the problem? They might consider replacing the SIM card, although I'm not sure if that will help. It might be a more significant hardware problem.

Jesse Chidester

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello y'all.
My Android phone recently decided to not work when I make or recive calls. When I make calls I hear no dial tone, but the seconds counting the call tell me the call is still being made. Sometimes I can hear the other person on the line and sometimes I can't. Everytime a call happens the other person cannot hear me. I thought this was a mic problem so I used head phones with a build in mic. Still nothing. Speaker phone doesn't even work. I tried turning my phone off and on again but that did nothing.
I don't exactly want to do a factory reset yet so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance :)