A game called Growtopia has read my SD card contents, or internal or something and has figured out I have either hacking or speed-up tools on my device. Both are true.

I've tried using Xposed to cut Growtopia's app permissions for a chance that it might not be able to detect said apps and so that I can play the game. This seems to have had no effect, and every search on the internet I go to just brings up results about hiding regular apps on my phone.

TL;DR: any way to hide my hacking programs on my Android? Similarly: a bypass.
    Ivan Reyes17 likes this.
    12-31-2014 09:52 AM
    It depends on what has to be hidden. There's an Xposed module, RootCloak, that will hide the fact that the phone is rooted from the devices you select. If that's what Growtopia is seeing (rooting), that should fix it.
    Kilva likes this.
    12-31-2014 11:03 PM
    It depends on what has to be hidden. There's an Xposed module, RootCloak, that will hide the fact that the phone is rooted from the devices you select. If that's what Growtopia is seeing (rooting), that should fix it.
    Ah... for some reason I couldn't reply or edit the thread... Seems to be working now.
    Here's an update: I've tried RootCloak, but to no avail. The warning says (slightly misquoted) "warning from Admin: speedup or hacking programs installed on your device. Please uninstall before playing."
    Thanks however, I do believe there was an app that wouldn't open because I was rooted. If I stumble upon another of those, I'll know what to do!

Growtopia has somehow read my SD card and must have a blacklist of hacking apps in the server. There must be a way to hide these? I mean, this isn't Apple we're talking about...
    01-04-2015 09:51 AM
    bump
    Ivan Reyes17 likes this.
    01-07-2015 09:15 AM
    The only way to hide an app is to freeze it. then you have to unfreeze it to run it again. (BTW, it's a bad idea to run apps from the SD card - Android isn't designed to run like that.)
    01-07-2015 04:43 PM
    I don't think I am running apps from my SD card - though the internal storage is indeed an SD card and that's what I'm referring to as my storage.
    What do you recommend for both freezing and for checking how many apps are installed to my SD card?
    Ivan Reyes17 likes this.
    01-09-2015 10:03 AM
    You can freeze apps with ROM Toolbox.

Sent from my G2 running SlimKat
    Ivan Reyes17 likes this.
    01-09-2015 10:57 AM
    Hello, Growtopia player.

Posted via the Android Central App via eStar CRYSTAL tablet
    01-09-2015 12:25 PM
    Thank you Sacto. ROM Toolbox is a great app, I was previously trying Gemini App Manager to freeze my apps. Sadly, freezing all of my hacking apps (including Xposed) does not solve my problem.
    It seems Growtopia can see through these freezes.
    Am I ****ed?
    01-12-2015 07:00 PM
    Since a frozen app can't be seen, it can't "see through" freezing. What it's seeing is something that was done to the ROM that's not standard Android. You have to change those things back. (Like speeding the phone up - if it's running faster than it should be, the app might not run. That's a trivial way to stop people from cheating. If you root, load an app to increase the clock speed, uninstall the app and unroot, the CPU is still running faster than normal and, since there's a real time clock in the phone, the app can see how far it gets in 1 second, and if it gets further than it's supposed to by some allowable margin, your phone has been hacked and the app won't run. Of course, putting the clock back to stock speed to allow the app to run takes away your advantage.)
    01-12-2015 07:51 PM
    Ah okay, that makes sense. I've installed the Beanstalk custom rom on my Galaxy S4, perhaps this is what it is detecting? If so, I'm pretty much screwed.
    Thanks anyways though, this has cleared up since I purchased a SHIELD, and being that it's a big hassle to root it this won't be a problem.

Thanks again!
    01-18-2015 06:16 PM
    Do you can play Growtopia still with no hacking apps on your Galaxy S4?

Sent from my eSTAR CRYSTAL using Tapatalk
    07-02-2015 03:06 PM
    Perhaps you have to factory reset the device and then root it again. Then you can try hacking the game again.
    01-20-2016 01:43 PM