When I first got my s5 I noticed that it had the Safety Assistance feature that with multiple pushes of the power button it will send an Emergency Message with my location, a picture, and an audio recording to people that I choose by adding them to my Emergency Contacts list. The other day I accidentally activated this feature when I was holding my phone upside down and hit the power button multiple times thinking it was the volume button. Needless to say a immediately sent messages to those I my emergency contact list telling them there was no emergency. But guess what they never got an Emergency Message. I tested this feature about 6 more time and nothing. Called Samsung and they can not figure out why the emergency messages will not send. Their suggestion is for me to factory reset my phone, but they can't say this will work. If it doesn't they then want to flash my ROM. I don't want to go through all this to find out the feature stop doesn't work.

Has anyone else tested this feature, does it work?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2015 07:05 AM
    Hello! There is an article here about it here(I think this is what you're talking about): http://m.androidcentral.com/how-use-...ures-galaxy-s5

Since it sends to multiple people, it's considered MMS. Do you have data on? Check that first.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    01-01-2015 10:41 AM