Hello everyone, seems I am not the only one having this problem, but will see if someone has an idea of how to resolve this issue.

I have an HTC One M8, it is AT&T branded but unlocked. It has Android version 4.4.2 on it. My carrier is Metro PCS, and I can use the phone, internet, and send and receive text messages (SMS) without issue. However, my attempts to send an MMS result in no message sent, and if I receive an MMS, I can tell who sent the MMS, but I cannot see the photo. I have the option to download the photo, but when I try that, it takes a while and nothing appears in my Downloads folder. I see this same behavior if I am a recipient in a group text message as well.

Does anyone out there have a fairly recent understanding of this issue?

Thank you
    01-01-2015 12:02 PM
    Welcome to the forums.☺

Excuse me for asking such an obvious question, but is the device set up to send and receive MMS? Also, are MMS messages allowed in whatever plan or tariff you are using?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2015 12:27 PM
    I am having that exact issue with my HTC One M8. I have talked to Straight Talk (which is my service provider) and they told me to call HTC and when I called HTC, I was told that there is nothing wrong with phone because I am able to browse on the internet and all of my APN settings are correct. So they pretty much said it is Straight Talk's fault.

I'm starting to come to the realization that there is an obvious glitch in this phone when it comes to prepaid users and it's disturbing that neither company will do anything about it. However, I haven't completely given up on hope yet so if there is anyone out there who knows how to fix the problem, PLEASE HELP!

My plan has unlimited talk, text, and data. And the phone I had before, MMS worked perfectly fine.
    01-16-2015 08:55 PM
    Make sure your APN settings are the one that came with the SIM card - there are a few different ones that Straight Talk uses, and you have to use the one that matches the SIM.

If that's correct, go to Straight Talk's page on Facebook and post a request for MMS assistance. (Their good techs are on the phones, their best techs are on Facebook.)
    01-16-2015 11:30 PM