Hello everyone. I am looking into purchasing an unlocked phone, possibly a Huawei. I live in the U.S. and my provider is AT&T. A lot of these Chinese (Oppomart) phones say that they run on something like FDD LTE. Can someone please (In simple terms) please explain what this is and how it differs from a standard LTE? I want to make sure when I purchase a phone that it will run on AT&T LTE. Thanks in advance.
    01-01-2015 11:41 PM
    Hello everyone. I am looking into purchasing an unlocked phone, possibly a Huawei. I live in the U.S. and my provider is AT&T. A lot of these Chinese (Oppomart) phones say that they run on something like FDD LTE.
    FDDLTE is still a starndard LTE, there's no difference. But, starndard LTE is divided into 2, TDD and FDD. These two abbreviations stand for 'time-division duplexing' and 'frequency-division duplexing'. They're two different methods of cramming data and phone calls into the connection to your friendly local phone tower. AT&T use FDD-LTE, so purchasing a phone with that kind of specsifications will be a good move. Link to article on FDD-LTE
    01-02-2015 09:05 AM