Can someone recommend a wifi file transfer app?

W_4

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Wifi File Transfer App Recommendation Request

I have been enlisted by an elderly acquaintance to help set up an Android Tablet, and need an recommendation for an app to transfer files via wifi between an Android Tablet and a PC. I myself am not much of an Android user so I'm struggling to find a app that meets the following requirements.

The app should not expose all files/folders within the device. The elderly user is functional in using a PC, but exposing the entire directory structure of either the tablet or pc will just be too confusing. Ideally, the app should have a drag-and-drop style interface.

The app need not have additional functionality. The elderly user has only limited needs. For instance, they would like to show photos, videos, perhaps documents to friends. There is no need to have SMS, social media status updates, or full integration with the PC – in other words Airdroid is over the top for this user.

The app should use Wifi and not a cloud service to make the file transfer.

The app and if applicable the PC interface software have to be available in German.

Lastly, the app should be free or low cost.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi File Transfer App Recommendation Request

WiFi File Transfer. The transfer is done from the PC end, so if the user is familiar with Windows' file structure, there should be very little learning curve, basically "where do you put it on the tablet?" If it's media files, anywhere on the SD card would be fine (the Media Scanner picks up all media files on the tablet, no matter where they are [unless they're deliberately hidden]). For documents, if the app being used to read the document can read one from the SD card, that would be a good place for them too..

As far as the language, I haven't seen any reference, but since the developer is German, I would assume that there's a German version. You can email him at smarterdroid@gmail.com to ask. (If there isn't, 'm sure he can translate what he wrote in English into his native language.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz