For the Samsung S5. Mobile only, not desktop. I have the Qi installed already for desktop charging, so that would be a preference. Nice looking is a top priority. I really don't like those cheap looking ones with the arms on each side. Does anyone make one that holds the phone via magnet (using Qi technology) and has a good strong suction cup that would attach to the side of a console? The Air Dock looks nice. But from the little I read about it, is suffering some problems and spotty customer service to correct those problems.
    01-04-2015 10:55 PM
    I'm not sure that I've seen in that fits that criteria, but for reference, I have the Zens and a Nokia Qi charger. Both are excellent. Let us know if you find anything that fits your needs.
    01-04-2015 11:59 PM
    There's one big problem with using a suction cup in a car. The cup material dries out due to the extremely high temperatures in the car at times, and the cup stops working.

I've never tried any of these, so they aren't recommendations, I just looked for them for you. They're Qi chargers that meet your request - mobile, Qi and no "wings":

(Don't ask me why every link to Amazon lists as Robot Check - I have no idea.)

Robot Check

Robot Check

Qi Wireless Car Charger Transmitter Holder Silicone Cradle Bracket New Excellent | eBay

I don't know what you have against wins. I've been using the Microtek CD slot holder (it has wings) since it came out a few years ago in both cars (no charger, just a holder) and in all that time, the phone came out maybe 3 times - on bumps a car shouldn't have to suffer.
    01-05-2015 11:10 PM