Why won't my Motorola Device Manager connect to the internet?

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Motorola Device Manager won't connect to internet

I plug my phone into my laptop and the device manager window pops up. At the bottom, it says "An Internet connection cannot be established", therefore I can't download or install. My internet is working fine. Can anyone tell me why it won't work?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola Device Manager won't connect to internet

The drivers help your PC and device communicate. I think you can find them on Motos website. And as I recall, there are drivers for 32 and 64 bit systems, so make sure you install the proper ones.

From an AOSP M8

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Can you give me a link on where to download it? I looked up "moto drivers" and got here: motorola-global-portal(dot)custhelp(dot)com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481

I just installed it, thinking this was it, but I don't think it is because MDM is still not working.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I think that is the right link. The missing drivers were a guess as why everything wasn't working. What PC do you have?

From an AOSP M8

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I wanted to throw you a funny and suggest that you "upgrade to Win7Pro" which is what I am using.

You will need specific USB drivers for the PC so that it can recognize the phone.

Now, since you first installed USB drivers for your phone when you first hooked it up........ oops, you didn't realize you did....... Microsoft did it for you, and it made a bad choice that does not work.

You now need to uninstall the USB device drivers that Win8 put in for you.

follow the first 3 links and read all of them before you do anything.

now, uninstall the USB drivers for the Moto phone.
Once you have that done, you can install the correct drivers that you downloaded from Moto

now, you can plug the moto into the pc and it should recognize it and open Windows File manager.

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+8+uninstall+usb+drivers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

binovc

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

I have the exact issue with WIN XP SP3, so the problem is not just inherrent with 8.1.
I plugged my phone into my PC today and get the same message. I'm trying to move pics from phone to computer.
I downloaded drivers to a folder on my pc, but so far that's where I'm still stuck at (don't know what to do with the drivers).
I downloaded the drivers from:
(I would post the link but the forum won't allow me to. If you google "motorola device manager internet connection cannot be established" the link was listed in the top result - "Motorola Device Manager Won't Install!!!")
There are only two downloads there, one for Windows and one for Mac.
Anyway I'm posting because I noticed this was actually a current topic. I'm still working on mine, and I'll be checking back here for updates.

SK14

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue which has started recently. I have a Droid Razr M that has happily connected to any computer for over a year now. On the same computers (laptop and two desktops) now have a widow pop up for the MDM and it says it cannot establish an internet connection. Win XP computers, and I've tried different USB cables. I can access the SD card and internal memory just fine. My internet is good, as a matter of fact, at 3 different locations. I've uninstalled the MDM software and USB drivers, manually downloaded the MDM 2.5.4, installed it and the same thing happens. It's very annoying. Screenshot attached.

MDMerror.jpg

SK14

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

I looked through my list of apps in the "All" list and saw that the Motorola Update Service needs to be updated. When I click on it it says it is version 5 to prepare my phone for lollipop but my device is not compatible. So it won't update at all. i guess I'm going to have to live with it or get a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX