How to prevent a specific forum username from displaying their post/thread ?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I definitely will not say "who it is", that would be crude.

but there is one user that just drives me nuts..... is their a way that I can set his/her profile to stop his/her posts from displaying?

On my personal forum I can do that, but I have searched here and don't see the option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Uh-oh, I hope it isn't me.:eek:

On the website, try clicking on Settings under your username, then Settings again in the dropdown. Now look on the left column under My Settings>My Account, and click on Edit Ignore List. I've never tried it before, so let us know if it works.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are we talking about rude, offensive, humiliating, or what? Because there are existing protocols for dealing with offenders.

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Uh-oh, I hope it isn't me.:eek:

On the website, try clicking on Settings under your username, then Settings again in the dropdown. Now look on the left column under My Settings>My Account, and click on Edit Ignore List. I've never tried it before, so let us know if it works.

You are safe!
ROFL.gif

and I apologize for the delay getting back here. I've been hibernating underneath blankets trying to shake a bad head cold..... just woke up feeling a bit better.

and to answer belodion, no he/she has not broken any forum rules. it is that this particular individual seems to ignore all suggestions, does not try to learn (it seems) and has had a problem with just about anything you can think of with Android. It has got to the point that it is almost revolting just to see the name show up.

I have done my usual, try to be explicit, and give step by step, and it as if my post, and that of others, simply do not exist. no mention of them, no actions taken as suggested in the help posts....

I am trying the steps mentioned to find the ignore entry as I write this..................................... ah so, there it is, and it does indeed accept the entry... but it is not intuitive as to having "accepted the entry" after you click okay. It does not come back and present you with that name as having been entered, nor does it show the list.
I was finally able to see the list AFTER reclicking on the Edit Ignore List link, and yes, that name now appears.

Okay, used a separate open Tab to try that out.... that does not solve the problem, and in a manner of speaking, it just makes it all the worse. The ignored name is printed in bold print after being ignored, AND all quoted posts are still showing.... but the worse thing is, it will not hide the threads created by that user........ and it is the threads that I am trying to dispose of... I just simply don't want anything further to do with that person....

I think I will remove the Ignore listing entry, take another headache powder, and try to see if God will let me get thru this.... it is a personal hangup, but I really wish Ignore would simply hide the threads created by those "Ignored"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital