Why won't my unknown sources box stay checked??

Danawelch1

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally started to drop my tablet & hit some on-screen buttons. It was going through some type of procedure.. not sure what tho so I can't go back & kinda retrace! I am brand new to this tablet & Android version - running KitKat 4.4.2. I don't really have a clue what I'm doing but I do follow instructions well (especially if I understand them). It is a Dragon Touch-Y88X. I have Googled it to death & the only semi-closely related issue that I could find was explained way too technical & too advanced for my understanding - by far! No matter what I try the allow unknown sources box will NOT stay checked & I can NOT get apps from anywhere except Mobogenie & Google Play Store (& I had to get the Play Store thru Mobogenie)! I really want/need to get the Amazon Appstore downloaded so I can use my PRIME features! Please help me.. I am totally lost trying to fix this nice, new Christmas present & my brain is frazzled! Somebody... Anybody... PLEASE!!! :confused:

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
never owned that brand, so I can't speak from experience.

On my Samsung phones, once unchecked, it stayed unchecked.
maybe this bump will bring more light to your situation, and more help.

tina2fast4ya

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Figured it out. Go to your apps, then Play Store. It wil require u to set up a gmail account. Once that's done, you can search in the play store for Kindle, then u should be able to download successfully. Didn't want to risk trying it directly from Amazon again. Once downloaded and opened, you can then connect to your Amazon account. After all this, I'm not sure if it mattered that the other sources box was checked. If u had a gmail account to begin with and it wasn't working from Amazon.com, then maybe gong through the play store will work.

Found solution. Will hopefully be posted after reviewed by a site administrator.

Go to play store on tablet, create gmail account or log in if one exists, search for Kindle, install, open, sign into Amazon account.

The Dragon doesn't support the Amzn App Store. They want u to go through the play store already installed.

Last edited by a moderator: