Can S Voice (SVoice) work offline without Internet?

pjstock

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
casn S Voice (SVoice) work offline? without Internet?

I am trying to setup a Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) for my 86 year old nearly blind mother.
Voice activation anything would be very helpful for her.
As she does not use the Internet much she does not have a Data feature on her cell phone plan (she uses her wifi at home)

but I cannot get SVoice to work without Internet, for instance if she were outside of her home wifi area.

I can understand that some features of SVoice would naturally require Intnernet (web browsing, search for instance)
but I was hoping she could use the phones' native features using voice activation - "Call Peter" or "Turn on Timer" etc.
But when I try SVoice offline, it just fails telling me I need internet.

Can someone clarify? Does all SVoice traffic go through the Internet or should some functions be local and not require data.

(It appears NOT as when I disable Wifi and try a voice command, I get "cannot find a network connection". but I thought I would ask here to confirm that I am not missing something.)

Many thanks

Peter

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: casn S Voice (SVoice) work offline? without Internet?

I might be wrong here, but I had a S4 mini for a short time for the wife to use.

she never used the internet, so I turned off both Wifi and Data permanently. all she wants is the phone to ring.

I turned on that phone's Native Voice Activation and it did indeed respond to her requests to "Call John" and "Answer"

beyond those two applications, we did not try , as that is all she wanted. to answer the phone by voice, and to tell it to call me....

she is wheelchair bound, and the phone is out of reach most of the time. Voice Activation is a Godsend for her.

I don't think that has anything to do with "S Voice" which to my understanding is much like Google Voice Answer, and does indeed require the internet.

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: casn S Voice (SVoice) work offline? without Internet?

You can try to install the program VoiceButton. I think it can help you. It works offline. And there you can assign aliases easy. You can find the program in the GooglePlay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7