I just bought the Note 4 a couple weeks ago, and I'm noticing that there's a faint yellow line that shows up when I'm taking a picture in the camera app, and it also shows up in pictures.

This kinda sucks, because I just gave up my iPhone.

Please tell me that this is something that can be fixed, I was enjoying my Android up until now. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Yellow line in all of my Note 4 pics-20150106_115932.jpg  
    01-06-2015 11:15 AM
    I don't think that's something that can be fixed easily, and in all honesty, shouldn't be something that you need to fix yourself on a new phone. I know, we're always excited to have a new phone to play with and don't want to give it up, but in this case, you've only had it for a couple of weeks, just get a Warranty replacement.

I have the same phone and the camera is amazing (no yellow line), so let's not blame Android or all Note 4's. iThingies also have defective units (I had my work iPhone exchanged twice before getting one that actually worked!).

The reason might be a scratch in the lens, but it looks like a problem with the sensor itself. I'd try to test this out on a different camera app. If the result is the same and in the same position and you made sure there's nothing covering/scratching the lens (if it's landscape it's at the bottom/top, if it's portrait, it's on the sides), it's most likely a sensor issue.
    Rukbat likes this.
    01-06-2015 12:42 PM
    And make sure you took any protective plastic off the camera lens. (You'd be surprised by how many people never do that.)
    01-06-2015 12:53 PM