Why doesnt flashing work?

amnfn

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I have got a Samsung galaxy s5, locked in retail mode. And at first I didn't mind, But then I've rerealised that I can barely use the phone and this annoying video pops up as soon as I lock the phone. So I started to try to fix it. I've used this "philz" thing (I later realised that it would only take me to another recovery boot screen. Any way to remove it?) , and I've used the admin code in the Samsung retail app to deactivate the factory reset. And then I tried flashing with Odin. It was the first time I ever did that, so I didn't really know what to do. I got my phone into download mode, and that blue box in Odin, well, turned blue. And then I dodownloadeddownloaded the firmware from sammobile.com. I downloaded it for SM-G900F. I understood that that's probably the version I should use, because I live in Europe. Btw, the phone is made in Korea, and has probably never been used in a cellular net before, if that can affect which firmware I should download? Anyway, I picked the MD5 file and then Odin were freezing in a couple of minutes. But later it worked, for a bit. It says "setup connection" and then it says "Write operation failed" and then "All threads done. ( 1 failed / 0 succeeded ). This is how far as I can go. What should I do? I must do something wrong, but I really want to figure this out! Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Let's try a different method: There is a PC program called Kies for Samsung devices. This can be found on Smasung's website. Download that, and plug your device in. Then, select firmware restore, and see if it works that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol