Nexus 5 boot loop

Dev Bangi

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I bought my phone a year back and it was perfectly fine till last week. Recently the phone is getting switched off automatically, and I need to switch it on manually. And in last two days it got into a boot loop, where phone gets switched off, and on switching on, the Google logo appears and then it goes off. I showed it at LG service center and they are saying it's mother board problem and it costs 8k!! This is horrible. Does anyone have an alternate solution?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it truly a bootloop, in that the phone shuts itself off, then automatically tries to power on again? Or does it just shut off on its own, and then you have to keep trying to power it on manually? If it's the latter, then one possibility is a failing battery--it might be worth just replacing that, which would probably cost less. But if it really is the motherboard, then you don't have much choice.

Are you able to boot into Recovery Mode? http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-rooting-roms-hacks/352008-guide-nexus-5-recovery.html