My husband just got a new phone (LG G3) and needs to sync the contacts from his old phone (LG P990).

This should happen automatically, as both phones are set to sync contacts with his Google-account. But it doesn't. Only his Facebook-contacts have been synced to his new phone.

We have tried re-sync'ing from both phones and re-booting, but no luck.

There are no error-messages - apparently both phones sync just fine. Except, no phone contacts show up on his new phone.

I just checked his gmail - no phone contacts there either.
    01-07-2015 01:14 PM
    My husband just got a new phone (LG G3) and needs to sync the contacts from his old phone (LG P990).

This should happen automatically, as both phones are set to sync contacts with his Google-account. But it doesn't. Only his Facebook-contacts have been synced to his new phone.

We have tried re-sync'ing from both phones and re-booting, but no luck.

There are no error-messages - apparently both phones sync just fine. Except, no phone contacts show up on his new phone.

I just checked his gmail - no phone contacts there either.
    go into your contacts app and make sure the contacts are Google contacts rather than just phone contacts. Try syncing again and see if that gets the contacts into your Google account.

If the above doesn't work, you'll need to export contacts as a csv file and transfer to your new device via SD card or cloud storage (Google Drive) and install that way.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    KarenHJ likes this.
    01-07-2015 01:48 PM
    Another trick, if the accounts aren't Google account contacts, is to use MyPhoneExplorer. Sync the contacts there, then copy each contact that's not a Google contact, paste it and edit the pasted contact to make it a Google contact. (Then delete the original one.) Put the phone on airplane mode, delete all the contacts, sync back from MyPhoneExplorer to the phone, go to Google Contacts and delete everything, then turn off airplane mode and sync the contacts. Now they're all Google account contacts (which all contacts should be entered as) and they're on Google contacts, so they'll sync to any phone on that account.
    01-07-2015 05:13 PM
    Is there a quick way to convert non-google contacts? I cannot edit them individually it seems.

Oh well, I guess he'll just have to re-enter all his contacts and make sure they're google-contacts from the start.

But it does seem rather silly that there's not a simple option to convert all contacts.
    01-08-2015 03:00 AM