Please HELP! How can I retrieve a word document I was working on, in polaris office, that was not saved before I turned off my samsung galaxy tab 3 to charge?

I had a water pipe burst in my home and was doing inventory of the items that were damaged and thrown away for my Insurance Company. It was an active word doc, and I did not think to save it before I turned off my tablet to charge last night. When I opened my tablet this morning, and opened Polaris Office, there is no document.

Please tell me there is a way to find it. Please help! Thank you
    01-08-2015 08:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That might be a problem. Use a file manager app like the stock MyFiles or ES File Explorer (free on Google Play) to explore both Internal Storage and the SD card. Look for folders that are associated with Polaris, especially any that sound like cache folders. Also look for a folder called LOST.DIR--if there are any files in there, see if any of them correspond with the date and time you were last working on the document. If so, try renaming it with the proper file extension for Polaris, and then try opening it with Polaris. Good luck!
    01-08-2015 10:45 AM
    The same thing just happened to me. I am incredulous that turning off the phone or tablet would automatically delete the document. Polaris sucks. And frankly, I am just sick of the inadequacies of Android and all the various UI's out there. I am going back to Apple. I know for a fact this won't happen with Pages app!
    03-28-2015 01:39 PM