How do I wipe all the information from my phone?

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Long Story short I may return my phone later due to a faulty camera. I just want to make sure that all my information is off the phone. Its a Samsung Galaxy Note 4

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset with memory wipe. There isn't much else you could do to ensure that all of your personal information is deleted, however you can fill up your memory with random photos after the first factory reset. Then choose to delete them, and factory reset it again to ensure none of your photos, possibly with geo tags, are unrecoverable.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also put in a fake Google account, and fake any other information before you reset it the second time. (You don't have to delete anything you put in after the first reset - the second reset will delete it. You just want to overwrite the "deleted" data with fake "deleted" data, in case anyone gets that motherboard and starts trying to recover data from it. They can recover it if they know what they're doing - but what they'll recover is the fake data.)

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Hopefully I can get it returned tomorrow. I got authorization for a late return earlier, all I had to do was take it to the store but when I went to the store they wouldn't accept the return even though it was already approved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz