Gallery photos dull - Note 4

JLoni

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
My pictures in the Samsung Gallery app are a lot duller in color than when I view in the Photos app. It's strange because when I minimize the Gallery app, you can see it revert to the richer color version of the photo - as it appears in the Photos app. I don't get it? So when I take photos with my camera the preview of it never looks good because it previews from Gallery. It's kinda greyish looking and not as vibrant. How do I resolve this?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by minimizing the Gallery app?

The Photos app has an Auto Enhance feature that may make it look more vivid. Open Photos, tap Menu>Settings, then your account name, and see if "Auto Enhance" is checked on.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Like B. Diddy said - in Samsung terminology, on the Note 3 there is an Auto Adjust Screen Tone setting in Display,

- but also there is a Screen Mode setting that may be on Adapt Display by default. If so you could try Standard, Dynamic or Professional Photo.

The Note 4 forum may offer you more advice.

LG414

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Same prob here.. I edit photos on my desk top from my Canon and upload them to Google Drive. When i download them to the Note 4 and view them in the Gallery at first glance in grid view the thumbnails appear to be fine but once I actually open the pic up the color is completely flat very dull and the pic looks very grainy... The gallery adds a boost of sharpness to the pics that makes it appear very grainy and muddy looking... The vibrance is completely gone..

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Same prob here.. I edit photos on my desk top from my Canon and upload them to Google Drive. When i download them to the Note 4 and view them in the Gallery at first glance in grid view the thumbnails appear to be fine but once I actually open the pic up the color is completely flat very dull and the pic looks very grainy... The gallery adds a boost of sharpness to the pics that makes it appear very grainy and muddy looking... The vibrance is completely gone..

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

What happens when you drag and drop those same edited images via usb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid