Is there any trick to turn off text zone movement in LectureNotes?

Markqz

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying LectureNotes because it seems closest to the IOS app "Notability". It has a feature to write in a text input zone which allows you to write large and have the results written small. The problem is that the zone gets moved EVERY time you lift your stylus (or finger). So, if you go to cross your "t" or dot your "I"s, the dot or dash ends up in the wrong place.

I looked through the settings, and there's no control to turn off movement of the text zone. You can change how much it moves, but can't set it to zero. LN doesn't seem to have much in the way of user support.

EDIT:
Answering my own question ... it turns out there were lots more options in the input zone settings hidden down below. There are options for turning off the moving zone or setting it up to move only after a certain portion of the zone is written in. Thanks!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying LectureNotes because it seems closest to the IOS app "Notability". It has a feature to write in a text input zone which allows you to write large and have the results written small. The problem is that the zone gets moved EVERY time you lift your stylus (or finger). So, if you go to cross your "t" or dot your "I"s, the dot or dash ends up in the wrong place.

I looked through the settings, and there's no control to turn off movement of the text zone. You can change how much it moves, but can't set it to zero. LN doesn't seem to have much in the way of user support.

There probably isn't a way to change that. What happens if you don't cross the T or dot the i? Will the app automatically correct those features to a t and i?

acadoid

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
@Markqz & srkmagnus: LectureNotes has two modes of automatically moving the input zone cursor, one delay-induced and one position-controlled. The delay-induced allows for a delay between last input in the input zone and movement (so you can add dots on i's and cross t's!). Most users prefer the position-controlled auto-movement which allows detailed control over movement, movement occurs when you start to write (not click!) into the `active´ area that comes up when you writing crossed the activation line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol