Wireless caharging frequently interrupted when using Wireless Charging Receiver Card - Culprit?

c627627

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I sure would like to know what the culprit is: The wireless receiver strip, or the case or the original Samsung wireless charger...

When using a Wireless Charging Receiver Card, Galaxy S4 only wirelessly charges uninterrupted when taken out of its case.

Otherwise the wireless charging turns on/off repeatedly. This happens even if the phone case has a hollow back.

Attachments

• WirelessReceiverStrip.jpg
    WirelessReceiverStrip.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
  • HollowCase.jpg
    HollowCase.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 5
  • SamsungWirelessChargingPad.png
    SamsungWirelessChargingPad.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Something with the case must be causing interference, or the wireless charging pad inside the device is not strong enough to charge through the case. Have you tried charging while another case is installed?

c627627

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I use an original Galaxys S4 blue plastic case made by Samsung.
I then tried a case similar to the case pictured above, which is completely hollow, it's a bumper case, with only the frame as you can see - still all is well when I take it off but interruptions begin as soon as I put it on.

I tried another hollow bumper case, still interruptions even though it is not even covering the battery!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The wireless charger is third party, right? Meaning, not made or sold by Samsung?

Not that it matters, but that could explain why the wireless connection is so weak.