Have a galaxy note 3 on att, not rooted. I want my sms text notification sound to work even if my message window is active. Is there an app that can do this? It's so annoying if I'm texting someone and I set my phone down. They'll be texting me and I won't know unless I go look or if the phone eventually auto locks.

Ideally I would like a distinct sms sound when my message window is not active and a different sound for when I'm texting back and forth with someone. Possible?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2015 03:53 PM
    Have a galaxy note 3 on att, not rooted. I want my sms text notification sound to work even if my message window is active. Is there an app that can do this? It's so annoying if I'm texting someone and I set my phone down. They'll be texting me and I won't know unless I go look or if the phone eventually auto locks.

Ideally I would like a distinct sms sound when my message window is not active and a different sound for when I'm texting back and forth with someone. Possible?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Go into the message application settings and make sure notifications and a ringtone is enabled.

If that doesn't work, try using a third party messaging app to see if that'll help with this issue. Most alternative massaging apps can be customized a lot more, and that may be your best bet to get the notification tone every time a message is received.
    01-10-2015 05:50 PM
    Open your Message app, click Menu button, Settings - More, Make sure to check 'Notifications', and select a ringtone(Don't select the 2nd item, Silent).
    01-11-2015 02:40 AM