SMS sounds on Galaxy Note 3

Edgar Nava

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Have a galaxy note 3 on att, not rooted. I want my sms text notification sound to work even if my message window is active. Is there an app that can do this? It's so annoying if I'm texting someone and I set my phone down. They'll be texting me and I won't know unless I go look or if the phone eventually auto locks.

Ideally I would like a distinct sms sound when my message window is not active and a different sound for when I'm texting back and forth with someone. Possible?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have a galaxy note 3 on att, not rooted. I want my sms text notification sound to work even if my message window is active. Is there an app that can do this? It's so annoying if I'm texting someone and I set my phone down. They'll be texting me and I won't know unless I go look or if the phone eventually auto locks.

Ideally I would like a distinct sms sound when my message window is not active and a different sound for when I'm texting back and forth with someone. Possible?

Posted via the Android Central App

Go into the message application settings and make sure notifications and a ringtone is enabled.

If that doesn't work, try using a third party messaging app to see if that'll help with this issue. Most alternative massaging apps can be customized a lot more, and that may be your best bet to get the notification tone every time a message is received.