Is it possible to connect a printer directly (no computer) with my note4 without a router or wifi? I only use 4g since I have unlimited Internet and we have no wifi at home. I might be able to dig out an old router but I would like to try to do this without one since I'm not sure I still have one. My husband recently bought a Canon mx472 but I haven't been able to figure out how to connect to it do I might be able to return it. I've read that some people use Google cloud to connect to their printer but this particular printer doesn't seem to be able to connect to Google cloud per their list of printers. Thoughts? Am I just going to have to return this printer and go through Google cloud?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2015 05:07 PM
    Is it possible to connect a printer directly (no computer) with my note4 without a router or wifi? I only use 4g since I have unlimited Internet and we have no wifi at home. I might be able to dig out an old router but I would like to try to do this without one since I'm not sure I still have one. My husband recently bought a Canon mx472 but I haven't been able to figure out how to connect to it do I might be able to return it. I've read that some people use Google cloud to connect to their printer but this particular printer doesn't seem to be able to connect to Google cloud per their list of printers. Thoughts? Am I just going to have to return this printer and go through Google cloud?

Posted via the Android Central App
    If you can tether your data, and the printer is able to pick up the signal then it's possible. You'll need to tether using wifi from the device, so don't use anything that tethers via Bluetooth.

Try using Fox-Fi in the Play Store to see if it works. Good luck!
    01-10-2015 05:39 PM