When will Android 5.0.2 be available for my VZW Galaxy S5?

dgphotog

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I've been thwarting the 5.0 update on my S5 since it became available about a month ago. It is getting really boring and I'm afraid at some point it will 'force' itself on me.

VZW has no clue when Samsung will release it and when VZW connected directly to Samsung - once I was on hold for 45 minutes and then they disconnected (presumably because the figured I would be unhappy) and the next time I was shunted (by Samsung) to a different department, where I was treated to a menu in a language I don't speak. (Maybe they were trying to teach it to me, but it didn't work. )

Off topic, but Samsung's customer support is the worst in the known universe. Their goal is to get off the phone. Do they know this, or are they someday going to make a concerted effort to change that?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Your guess is as good as ours. Will it be Android 5.0.1, 5.0.2 or something even newer than that? All depends on what version of code Samsung has in their hands. Then as we all know once Samsung is done with it, then its off to the carriers for approval which can change the course of things dramatically.