What will rooting do to my contract?

Bsolz

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok guys so I just rooted my lg g3 last week and I love it to death. The thing is, my family is planning to switch from att to T-Mobile. I don't want risk boot looping my phone and all of that to unroot my phone. I understand that I voided my warranty, but will they not accept my phone for a trade in or will they even know if I'm rooted? I still have the stock ROM, unedited boot loader, everything is still stock except for the phone actually being rooted and a system setting in which I changed from false to true, but everything else are just*apps*or modules that I can easily uninstall. Also if you can, tell me if you've ever upgraded your phone after a 2 year contract or switched carriers like I'm doing and if you had any problems. Thank You!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the sales associate and what they do with your phone after you turn it in. A brain-dead associate (some hamburger flippers know more about cellphones than some cellphone sales associates) wouldn't know how to check if the phone were rooted. One who knows cellphones would know in a minute or two.

If you're using SuperSU, go to Settings, scroll down to the bottom and there's a "compete unroot" function. Press it. A technician will be able to tell that the phone was once rooted, if he wants to spend the time [and they don't have it to spend] but almost no sales associate will. and it won't cause a bootloop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power