I don't want lollipop!! Asus Memopad 8.

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
How do I disable updates from kit kat to lollipop on my asus memopad 8 in the future. I know it will be a while, I want to be ready for the "not wanted" lollipop update.
Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How do I disable updates from kit kat to lollipop on my asus memopad 8 in the future. I know it will be a while, I want to be ready for the "not wanted" lollipop update.
Look in Application manager for an "update" app. Disable it. Or root the tab - a rooted device will stop the update at the root check. (Updating a device that's rooted can brick the device if certain changes, that can only be made when rooted, were made, so the update checks for that.)

Not sure you can disable them, just don't download it when it eventually comes through. Why wouldn't you want the update when it's available?
The tablet works. Lollipop, for the most part, doesn't. Why would she want to lose functionality to get a prettier homepage wallpaper?

I might update to about 5.2, if they get their heads screwed back on by then. But as long as Marketing sets the new things and the release date for updates, Android updates aren't going to be worth the effort. You don't hire a shoemaker to fix a leaky pipe, and you don't let Marketing MBAs write software. (The programming department programs it, the marketing department seems to be the ones writing it lately. And setting release dates that have nothing to do with whether it's finished or not. You can't write code like you make chocolate - so many feet [or lines of code] per minute. Marketing never understands that - they treat programming as a production resource. "Produce a new version for release by such and such a date".)

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49