How do I prevent my Lg G3 phone from swiping up and calling 911 on the lock screen?

Stelyn93

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Lg G3 Phone Swipe up 911 calling on lock screen

I've had my LG G3 for a couple weeks and there's a problem that seems to get worse. Something 'cool' about the phone is that while your phone is locked, if you swipe up with a few fingers or a wrist, it will pull up an emergency call that contains 911 in it. Seems okay and safe, but as I've experienced several times, while in my pocket it swipes up on my leg through my pants and taps the call. I've called 911 dozens of times now because of this. I don't know what to do, how to fix it if possible, or if its just my phone that does this. Someone help? Please?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺
Presumably your phone is first being woken by the double taps it's randomly getting in your pocket? You can turn off the tap-to-wake feature in the Hidden Menu. The dialpad number to gain access to the Hidden Menu, or Service Menu to give it its other name, depends on the device version you have.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^I'm thinking that if the tap-to-wake feature is turned off, the phone can't be woken by random knocks in the pocket. If it's not woken, there's no way that the swipe-up to reveal the emergency dialpad can occur in the pocket. Well so I assume....that's how it is with my own G3. With the tap-to-wake disabled, the OP would have to switch on the phone via the power button on the back.

Edit: I now realise that you may be asking whether using a more complex pattern lock would help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lg G3 Phone Swipe up 911 calling on lock screen

^^^I'm thinking that if the tap-to-wake feature is turned off, the phone can't be woken by random knocks in the pocket. If it's not woken, there's no way that the swipe-up to reveal the emergency dialpad can occur in the pocket. Well so I assume....that's how it is with my own G3. With the tap-to-wake disabled, the OP would have to switch on the phone via the power button on the back.

Edit: I now realise that you may be asking whether using a more complex pattern lock would help?

Sorry...the complex pattern is what I was getting at.

From an AOSP M8

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^^^I imagine the chances of accidental switching on would be much less. OP: It may be worth trying that first.

Stelyn93

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Through further investigation I've found that it's not the swipe up, or knock code. If I press all buttons at the same time it pulls this up. On every other lg g3 I've messed with, none of them have this, nor do Verizon have any idea. Its not the emergency ICE contacts either. So it's not being woken. It pulls up a completely seperare menu and allows me to move up and down and select with the volume and power. But with the phone, I press it while in my pocket and it keeps calling. Is there some sort of setting to change this? Nobody else has the option. It seems pretty handy, but it's become a big problem. I've messed with 5 other G3's and none have the feature. It could be a glitch of some sort. Me and those at Verizon have been unable to locate a setting and the lg company has never had this problem before.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm sorry, I've never heard of that. It may be worth posting in the G3 forum where another user may have encountered it.

Pierce Emata

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

I've had my LG G3 for a couple weeks and there's a problem that seems to get worse. Something 'cool' about the phone is that while your phone is locked, if you swipe up with a few fingers or a wrist, it will pull up an emergency call that contains 911 in it. Seems okay and safe, but as I've experienced several times, while in my pocket it swipes up on my leg through my pants and taps the call. I've called 911 dozens of times now because of this. I don't know what to do, how to fix it if possible, or if its just my phone that does this. Someone help? Please?

HERE'S ANOTHER WAY THAT 911 GETS DIALED - HELP!
When all THREE buttons on the back of the G3 are pressed when one is in my pocket, I am sent to this Emergency 911 dial screen where I am given the options of pressing the Power button or Down button to dial them and if by fate the phone presses one of those while in my pocket it dials it. TMobile has NO CLUE about it. Does anyone know how I can deactivate this 3-button simultaneous shortcut to Emergency Screen??