Why does my Galaxy S5 shut off when unplugged?

TimothyRyan

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I used my S5 one day until it was completely dead. When I charged it that night, it charged normally, and when it was at 100% it turned on normally. The actual trouble began when I unplugged it. The thing shut off instantly and went into some type of loop. Every time it gets to the samsung logo it restarts again and so on until I plug it back in. I tried doing a master reset. Didnt work. I checked to see if the battery was swollen, but it doesnt seem to be. Any helpful advice?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I used my S5 one day until it was completely dead. When I charged it that night, it charged normally, and when it was at 100% it turned on normally. The actual trouble began when I unplugged it. The thing shut off instantly and went into some type of loop. Every time it gets to the samsung logo it restarts again and so on until I plug it back in. I tried doing a master reset. Didnt work. I checked to see if the battery was swollen, but it doesnt seem to be. Any helpful advice?

Although the battery doesn't appear to be swollen, it could still be bad. And that's what I think is the cause here. Try a replacement and see if that helps. Let us know how it goes.