Why don't I have an enable lock screen widgets option (Galaxy Alpha)?

Xiari

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
No "enable lock screen widgets" option - Galaxy Alpha

Are lock screen widgets unavalible for the galaxy alpha? I can't find it under security settings, there are no options about the lock screen there at all, or the actual lock screen settings. I've got the screen lock set to swipe (heard pin codes could be a problem).

I can't find an answer to this anywhere, and I've been looking for hours! Please help.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: No "enable lock screen widgets" option - Galaxy Alpha

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

I have a Note 3. Do you have a Multiple Widgets option. If you do you can hold on it and chose favorite apps (+widgets) or camera.

If you can turn this on, you can hold and swipe on the main lock screen clock / weather widget (not lower where a swipe will unlock) left to right and you should get another page with a a plus button to select from a list of widgets. You can also set a bunch of app icons on the opposite page, and add more pages.

Your version of Touchwiz may have changed this, but there should be a way to get more pages.

Let us know.

Xiari

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

I don't have any widget options at all, only screen security (set to swipe) and swipe options. If I search for the Word "widget" in settings, the only thing that shows up is Weather.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

On my Note 3, the Multiple Widgets option disappears under Lock Screen settings if I change to a pin or other security setting. We had some threads about this on the Note 3 forum.

If as you say you have swipe only as Lock screen security, Multiple Widgets would appear - if you had a Note 3.

The Alpha came with a new version of Touchwiz, but being a flagship phone I can't say how to find it.

I did a quick search of the Samsung Alpha forum, and could not immediately find a thread for this. Perhaps you could raise a thread there if you don't get further responses here.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz