I see a lot of rhetoric out there about rooting, how the rebels use it, and how people who are "in the know" want to get out of people preying on them and spying on their ****. But the problem is, you get on here, and there are third party apps which want to root and one begs the question. Someone is getting screwed here, and you only get to choose the screwer.

Is there a way to manually root the phone ? And is rooting the phone going to prevent, CIA, NSA, FBI, KGB, MI6, IAI and other secret people from hacking in and stealing my **** ? This has gone on far to long. Can anyone here help this man ? Does anyone have any facts ? I would like to hear from more than one expert users here. What are the security benefits ? I have looked into these things, but all I get is ads. More suggestions, but I feel as though I am going about it wrong.

**ALSO** what does using a third party root do ? I know enough about the codes that people who are doing the stuff are surely not doing it for free ? How to even avoid cookies on the browser inside the phone ? As paranoid as I seem, you would hope that the average user could understand that this stuff is not healthy for the device or the user. I feel personally insulted that I cannot remove this stuff and I know what it does.

Thanks,
    Eska
    01-13-2015 03:35 PM
    You can root and encrypt your phone but honestly nothing is 100% safe. Depending on who wants what ... They can probably get it.

As my previous College teacher said ... the safest computer in the world is one locked in a safe, unplugged from power, and the internet.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-13-2015 04:34 PM
    The thing is, root won't prevent any government agency form spying on you. I am not aware of any security benefits, but also keep in mind that rooting is an exploit, so technically, it can expose you to some risks.

As for manually rooting the phone, and avoiding any third party doing it, would be to find a loophole in the OS, usually in the bootup, as that is the weakest part of the OS itself.
    01-13-2015 04:34 PM
    I see a lot of rhetoric out there about rooting, how the rebels use it, and how people who are "in the know" want to get out of people preying on them and spying on their ****. But the problem is, you get on here, and there are third party apps which want to root and one begs the question. Someone is getting screwed here, and you only get to choose the screwer.

Is there a way to manually root the phone ? And is rooting the phone going to prevent, CIA, NSA, FBI, KGB, MI6, IAI and other secret people from hacking in and stealing my **** ? This has gone on far to long. Can anyone here help this man ? Does anyone have any facts ? I would like to hear from more than one expert users here. What are the security benefits ? I have looked into these things, but all I get is ads. More suggestions, but I feel as though I am going about it wrong.

**ALSO** what does using a third party root do ? I know enough about the codes that people who are doing the stuff are surely not doing it for free ? How to even avoid cookies on the browser inside the phone ? As paranoid as I seem, you would hope that the average user could understand that this stuff is not healthy for the device or the user. I feel personally insulted that I cannot remove this stuff and I know what it does.

Thanks,
    Eska
    Hello, welcome to Android Central. I'm going to approach your question in parts with my input.

That's not necessarily true. There are benefits to rooting a device, but it is not encouraged. It is purely done by the actions of the device's user. Root is extremely dangerous if you don't know how to use it properly. It elevates the privileges on your device. It's sort of like running an account as an Administrator on Windows. I don't understand the part about third party apps. Maybe you can elaborate more on that.

I'm not sure what phone you mean. If you are interested in root, just state your device and we can lead you down the right path! Rooting won't do much in terms of security. With root, you can alter the permissions of different apps from accessing information, so that's a plus. I'll have to look into any security benefits with root because I'm not aware of any. If you want to protect your information, you can try encrypting your device, and that doesn't require root. Chances are, if you haven't done anything bad, you're not a target to those groups.

Here are some articles about root you might be interested in:
    Rooting your Android | Android Central
    There is no magic in root | Android Central
    Editorial: Sometimes, root isn’t the answer | Android Central

Root methods are generally free. Just read what the developer has to say. By remove this stuff, do you mean apps on your phone?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Golfdriver97 and dann127 like this.
    01-13-2015 04:45 PM