How do I change how moto voice refers to me?

Rozzie Harris

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Moto voice for the moto x 2014 refers to me as my google+ account name (youtube account technically) instead of my first name. Is there a way to correct this?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
I think the only way to do it would have to be to change your name on the Google account. I think there is a one/year limit for that.
Can't use a custom one afaik.

Rozzie Harris

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
When I look at my Google+ account my name had been updated but moto voice still refers to me as my account name. Would there be a way to reset moto voice so it has to reconnect to my account? Maybe it'll update that way.

Edit: Solved! I think what worked is going into settings>Accessibility>Moto voice and then simply turned it off, then back on. Thanks anyway!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When I look at my Google+ account my name had been updated but moto voice still refers to me as my account name. Would there be a way to reset moto voice so it has to reconnect to my account? Maybe it'll update that way.

Edit: Solved! I think what worked is going into settings>Accessibility>Moto voice and then simply turned it off, then back on. Thanks anyway!

Cool. Glad you figured it out :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt