How do I uninstall Nova Launcher?

Sanjit Keskar

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
how to uninstall nova launcher

I have purchased a second hand tablet from a acquaintance who told me that it had a modded ROM installed and trumpeted about the advantages of one. Since I was new to all this I did not fully understand nor appreciate what was spoken

Now, I wish to uninstall a system app called Nova launcher 2.2.3 (mod) but am unable to do so. I know my device is rooted and did some reading before this post but to no avail. I even recall being advised to use a nova uninstall.zip file but do not know how to use those.

Can someone please help or point me in the direction so that I can uninstall this app successfully. Root explorer also could not do the job

Please give me lucid instructions as I am a learner not familiar with android stuff

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to uninstall nova launcher

I have purchased a second hand tablet from a acquaintance who told me that it had a modded ROM installed and trumpeted about the advantages of one. Since I was new to all this I did not fully understand nor appreciate what was spoken

Now, I wish to uninstall a system app called Nova launcher 2.2.3 (mod) but am unable to do so. I know my device is rooted and did some reading before this post but to no avail. I even recall being advised to use a nova uninstall.zip file but do not know how to use those.

Can someone please help or point me in the direction so that I can uninstall this app successfully. Root explorer also could not do the job

Please give me lucid instructions as I am a learner not familiar with android stuff

Thanks

Hello, welcome to Android Central. If you have root access, you can use Titanium Backup to uninstall a system app.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&token=XZdQWWqj

Just scroll down your app list until you find the app you want to uninstall. I suggest you try out the "Freeze" option first as you can try out how the device acts without the app without actually having to uninstall it.

If you have other questions let me know and don't be afraid to ask.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to uninstall nova launcher

Since it's not a system app, Application manager should uninstall it just like any other app. (A launcher is just an app.)

Be careful, though - the launcher is the desktop and the app drawer. If you don't have another launcher in the tablet and you uninstall Nova, the tablet will boot to a black screen, and that's as far as you'll get. There has to be some launcher for Android to run for you to be able to use the tablet. (The same thing would happen if you froze it and had no other launcher - there would be no way to unfreeze it, so you'd be stuck on a black screen.)

You can find other launchers in the Play Store, if the stock launcher isn't in there. (It should be visible if you install an app like Default App Manager Lite and run it. Removing Nova as the default launcher will let you set a default launcher, so you can see which launchers are installed.)