Insuficient memory when trying to install a app?

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.

Yesterday I installed CyanogenMod 10.1 on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 .
Everything went kinda smooth (the phone is faster but it still has some lag spikes, it may be a hardware failure but that's not my main issue...).

My main problem is that I have 37mb of free space in the internal memory and I can't install any app that's bigger than 6mb... it always give me a error of not having enough memory. (I need to install KIK ASAP and it's around 13mb...).

How could I fix this? Is there a way to "emulate" like 500mb from the sd card to phone memory or something?

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can symlink a folder on the SD card to internal storage, but you still won't have enough space because, evidently, Cyanogen needs 11MB free on internal storage to operate (and the symlink will just use a bit of internal storage). Try Cyanogen 7, with a 1GB partition on your SD card (and the rest of if partitioned to what's left) . That will give you 1GB of storage, instead of the 158MB you have now. (The phone barely had enough space to run Gingerbread - without adding any apps.)

You might try installing Cyanogen 10.1 with the SD card partitioned to 1GB (and the rest of it in another partition, of course). I know 7 mounted the partition as main storage, I don't know if 10.1 will. 10.1 may even work with larger partitions - 7 seemed to have a problem if the partition was larger than 1GB.

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I already have Cyanogen 10.1 installed. But i never did a partition in a SD card...

This is really strange. Downloaded skype, and the app is bigger than kik, but it doesn't open...
(And got installed directly on sd card)