Hello everybody,
    I bought HTC one M8 two months ago and it's a great phone. But recently there's a tiny black dot appearing on every photo when using the primary camera. I tried cleaning the lens but it still appears.. It didn't appear when I first bought it.... So can anyone help me to find a way to remove it?
    Many thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-14-2015 01:40 PM
    Welcome to AC.โ˜บ

Alas that may be something physical rather than software....a speck of dust or a dead pixel. You can post a screenshot if you like but I expect that's what it is. Probably best to return it.

01-14-2015 03:32 PM
    Thanks a lot for your reply.. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Here's an attached photo.. I marked where is the dot since it's a bit tiny.. ๐Ÿ˜“ :$
    Can this be fixed? ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜” It's kinda strange how it appeared, because it wasn't there at all before. Your help is highly appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Attached Thumbnails HTC M8 Camera-39030.jpg ย 
    01-15-2015 10:10 AM
    If it's always in the same place, is visible on the screen when you're using that as a viewfinder, and is visible in the photos, I'd guess it's a dead pixel or pixels on the camera sensor. If I'm right, ๐Ÿ˜ž.
    But if I am right, the warranty should cover it.

01-15-2015 12:20 PM
    Yes it's always in the same place ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜” I'll take it soon... IF they offered to replace it for me... What is the best way to permanently erase my data , especially the photos? Or what do you recommend me to do? By the way after looking through my photos the dot started to appear after I took photos outside while it was snowing.. Could this be the reason? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜“

01-15-2015 04:02 PM
    I think that the snow and the speck are no more than coincident.
    You'd better do a backup of everything you can and then Factory Reset. Factory Resetting will delete all your personal data from the phone. Go to Settings, Backup & Reset. Not everything can be backed up....your calls history and your SMS history will be lost, although there are apps you can download first which will backup your SMS messages, if you want to keep them. I'm not sure about calls history.
    As you probably know, everything backed up to your Google account, including photos, will be restored to your new device when you sign in to your Google account on that device.

01-15-2015 06:54 PM
    Yeaahh okaay... Thanks a lot for your replies... You really did help me ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Have a nice day ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

01-16-2015 01:24 AM