Anyone having problems with the front facing camera on the LG Volt?

Dethripper

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
When i go to use my front facing camera, whether it's on Snapchat, or just the stock camera app, it goes into a multitude of colors and i can't see anything but colored lines. The phone was brand new and out of the box when i got it. Only had it since Christmas and it's been like this for awhile. Any help on what could be the cause?

Attachments

• LG Volt.jpg
    LG Volt.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

That looks bad. I don't suppose it started after you'd installed a third-party app of a kind that may be interfering with normal function?....but I think that's clutching at straws. You could try a Factory Reset if all your personal data is backed up but again I doubt it would fix it. I doubt it's anything you've done so best to return it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dethripper

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
It's been like this right out of the box. I ordered it off of Amazon brand new and when i tried out the camera it was like this. Every now and then it will work for a few seconds to a few minutes, but it does go back to be like this. I thought it might have been a software bug because i hadn't updated anything but nothing was fixed when I did. I haven't found anything else about this sort of issue though

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know of anything you could do to fix it yourself apart from trying the Factory Reset so in your position I'd return it, inconvenient though that is.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance