Why can't I turn off proxy settings permanently?

Alex Kerr1

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
For 2 or 3 months now I've had this problem where when I'm connected to WiFi sometimes it works fine but other times it will say I'm connected but when I try to use apps I get connection errors and when I use the Internet on whatever browser it will say "Unable to connect to the server proxy".

I've tried turning proxy off in my settings but it only lasts a variable amount of time before turning itself back on. A couple of times it's happened as soon as I've closed the settings.

I've also tried clearing my cache for android browser but it still happens.

I really don't want to do a factory reset but I will if I have to. If anyone has any other ideas I'll try them.

I've talked to other people with the same phone and they don't seem to have the problem....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to your Wifi settings (in Settings). Find the wifi connection you use. Press it. Press Forget. Press Scan. When it finds the connection again, press it and fill in any password that's needed - nothing else. If you have your wifi connection set to use a proxy server, and you're not using a proxy server, you can't get an internet connection.

Alex Kerr1

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I just tried what you suggested and when I connected I checked my settings again right away and sure enough the proxy server box was "manual" and all I did was put the wep key.

This happens to me on various WiFi networks. It started happening to me at school initially and I thought it was something with the school WiFi but when I got home to WiFi the same thing was happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC