Hi recently got the CAT S50 from Catepillar.. (After about 10 - 30 mins in pocket) I have had issues of the phone switching off while my phone is in my pocket or 'covered' ...with a duvet cover...not sure if the screen is switching off or the phone itself...then its a struggle to get it back on. Either holding the power button for much longer...like 10-15 seconds usually switches the phone back on, or plugging it into the charger gets it back on.
    There is nothing wrong with the battery life...because when it comes back on the level is still the same and overall the battery life is decent.

I have scouted the net and come to a conclusion that it might be the proximity or ambient light sensor...that detects a 'phone in pocket' or something but dont see any option on the phone for these, so now i downloaded proximityscreenoff lite from the playstore and will do more tests...

Anyone with any Android phone...have you had this problem?
    Please Assist Guys!

Thanks!
    Harry
    01-15-2015 01:18 PM
    Is there damage near the proximity sensor? That could be a problem, but I suspect it could be software related. Backup the device and sync your accounts. Perform a factory reset and let us know if that fixes it.
    01-15-2015 01:51 PM
    The power on/off button is sticking out of the encasing, so it is possible to push push the power button (or led button) for a long time turning the device off.
    You can turn the device off by pushing it to a flat surface with the powerbutton side.

There are a few design issues with this phone. This is one, the other is the lid for the Sim/uSD card is falling out of the case too easy, esp. if the device is not new anymore.
    08-26-2015 08:34 AM