On January 5th I received a message about "power sharing" when I plugged my phone into my car charger. Since then we have replaced the phone, the battery, and all cables, but nothing will work consistently with any combination (it connects and disconnects repeatedly and doesn't charge consistently). I'm guessing something updated on my phone overnight and caused the problem. I have a Galaxy Alpha and my husband has an s4, but he has had no issues what so ever. Is there a way to look at every update on my phone and maybe undo whatever it is that caused the problem? Sort of like a system restore on a PC?
    01-15-2015 01:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Your situation sounds familiar, because I responded to a very similar post yesterday. Did you ask it s a Guest, prior to registering with the forums?

The closest you can get to rolling back an update is to flash the stock ROM via Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html. You can find the ROM for your phone here: Firmwares | SamMobile
    01-15-2015 03:43 PM
    Thank you for responding! No, I've not posted this question before. I think I understand what flashing the ROM does... my concern is that when I back up to Kies, it's going to back up whatever the problem was, and after restoring and backing up, I'm in the same position. Is that an invalid concern?
    01-15-2015 04:20 PM
    I don't think a backup will actually backup the problem as well. If anything, it sounds like a system issue or a hardware issue.

I found that other thread I was thinking of. Strange that this issue would come up two separate times at around the same time. S4 won't charge properly and tries to turn on when plugged in
    01-15-2015 05:53 PM