Why is my LG Optimus showing a constant new message alert?

A

AC Question

Help with my LG Optimus showing a constant new message alert.

So i was deleting texts and while the circle was turning deleting everything i got a new message. Now after they were finished deleting i'm left with a new message alert in icon bar, and a 1 on my message icon on my home screen row. I've tried everything i could think of to fix it. Tried clearing cache/data tried turning notifications off then clearing data etc. Everything aside from a factory default. In which case I'm not sure how to save my information on the phone before resetting it. I'd like to know if there's a way to fix this annoying situation i've gotten myself into, without the factory reset. Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help with my LG Optimus showing a constant new message alert.

Welcome to Android Central! You could try Clearing Data from the launcher. This will wipe out your homescreens, so you'll have to set them up again, but that usually doesn't take too long. Go to Settings>Apps>All, and look for the stock launcher app. It might be called Launcher, Homescreen, or something with "UI" attached to it. Select it and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now set up your homescreens again, and see if the notification is gone.

Marcus Sherwood

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
That did not work for me, I did it for my home icon in apps. There's still the little white envelope on the task bar up top and a 1 on my message icon on my home row. I mean I can live with it there, but the ocd in me needs to be able to use my notification light, and if i do it just contineusly blinks since the phone is saying i have a new message.