On my Galaxy Note 3, why do calls get gradually lower in volume?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 3 - Gradually Lower Volume on Calls & Speaker Phone

Hello....I have a Galaxy Note 3 (unlocked) don't know if that matters. However; gradually over time, I'm noticing that the volume is significantly lower on my voice calls and when using the speaker phone, I still have to hold it close to my ears to hear it. But, I also noticed that while most the applications with voice calls are very low (Skype, Magic Jack etc) another app may be a little higher (I have to keep switching because of dropped calls, another issue) but only for the initial start of the call then the sound goes down right away.

Noooo....I checked. I'm not losing my hearing lol ; )

Does anyone have any fixes for this issue or noticed the same thing? Thank you!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Gradually Lower Volume on Calls & Speaker Phone

I'm sorry you've had no reply here. It may be better to post the question in the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 forum. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok your volume is lower than expected, and seems to be decreasing. That could be a perception thing. Maybe based on where you are or what is going on around you. One app being louder than another may be real. Reading over your post a second time the dropped calls bother me because signal strength can affect in call volume. The first thing is to start eliminating items to get to the root problem. The easiest is the device itself. Play some music or watch a video from YouTube at full volume. How does this compare to your in call issue? If the volume seems full and correct we'll cross off a physical issue like a blown speaker. If the volume is low for everything it may not be your calls at all. Physical issue, insurance claim or repair claim.

Let's say the volume is good for everything except calls. Is the volume better when you have a good signal and not dropping calls? You will have to find an ideal location to test this, which takes me back to my concern about the dropped calls. If volume didn't change based on signal strength or location it could be app related and maybe not the app you're using. Power the phone off and back on. Turn off fast start for this test, and turn the phone off, don't use the restart feature. Make a call as soon as the device is capable of doing so. Is there a volume difference? There may or may not be but the goal here is to have as little as possible running in the background while making a call to rule out a rouge app causing your issue. If the volume is the same go to your app manager and note the running apps. Check for anything unusual. Does anything stand out?

I know it's a lot but we need a place to start. Report what you find or correct anything I've gotten wrong and let's see what happens.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21