Is there an SMS app that previews more than one line of the message?

A

AC Question

SMS app that previews more than one line of the message.

I'm looking for an SMS app that previews more than one line of the message when you open the app. This is not the notifications , rather when I open the stock Messages app I get the user icons on the left and a very brief five or six words of the text, when I would really like to see two lines, perhaps three - a preview if you will. I can then decide to open the SMS or not in full.

I've tried Air View but don't like that. I've also tried Textra; 8sms; Chomp; GO SMS and Evolve amongst others.

I've got a Galaxy S5 BTW in case that's relevant :)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: SMS app that previews more than one line of the message.

I haven't found one that will give more than what you are seeing in the others. Before reading your question in full I was going to suggest Handcent because it will preview the whole text in the notifications when received, and that's not what you are looking for however I am still going to suggest Handcent to you. The reason is because it offers popup notifications. If more than one text is received you can scroll side to side to see other messages without opening the app to view the message. Their popups also offer the ability to quickly respond to messages without opening the app as well. Perhaps compromise will serve you better than being set on one particular thing, that I can understand you wanting, but that may be hard or impossible to find.

You probably could search SMS on Google Play and look at screenshots in pretty short order and see if anyone is offering this feature without trying so many. Most devs show off their apps pretty well in the screenshots posted with apps, and I'm sure most will show you what outside of the conversation looks like. Maybe you will be able to find one based on screenshots???