How do I recover my password for my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

Locked out of Galaxy S4

My Galaxy S4 decided to password protect itself... no idea why. I usually use the Lock Screen pattern, when I screw that up enough it prompts me for a PIN. I guess that's what happened, but after I got in one after doing that, I didn't reset my PIN or pattern, so now it's asking me for a password to get into the phone.

I've tried using Android Device Manager to send the phone a new password... it doesn't work. When I send an integer only password the phone prompts for a PIN, but it doesn't accept the PIN I send, and when I send it a alphanumeric password, it prompts for a password, but doesn't' accept that either. Clearly the phone is acknowledging the receipt of new protocol.... but it's not adhering to the new directions.

Anyone know how get around this? Or another method that doesn't require me destroying all of my data? Or a way for me to retrieve my data without having to manually select "Use as Media Device" (can't do this since I can't access the drop down menu).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone into your carrier - thy can unlock it for you. (We don't discuss methods of unlocking lock screens here for certain reasons that I'll let people who get paid more than I do explain if they want to.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995