My contacts and phone logs info lost on my s3 after auto update?

A

AC Question

My phone was actually turned off and charging initially. However, it was automatically turned on for the update and the message stated, "do not turn your phone off while updating". The green droid was displaying.

This morning when the indication was that the update was complete and my phone was charged. I turned the phone on and went to my contacts......no contacts, nothing in the phone logs.

Additionally, I receive a message that Google play is not working. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! System updates shouldn't happen like that--they usually prompt you to accept them. Do you have any idea what the update was? Was it a Samsung update, or an Android system update?

Are you sure the phone is still logged into your Google account? Go to Settings>Accounts to check. If you see Google, tap it to make sure your Google account is listed. If you see that, tap it, and make sure all Google apps that you want to sync are checked on.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Last option - bring the phone to the carrier. If it's their update, they're responsible for any damage it caused. (And if your time is worth money, they're responsible for spending the time to enter all your contacts back into the phone. The legal doctrine is "making you whole". If your carier is using CAMA (Centralized Automatic Message Accounting), they can get back your call log if it's important to your business or something like that.