Why won't my S4 turn on completely?

A

AC Question

I've had this phone for about two years. It was working perfectly fine until it shut down. I thought it might be because my battery died, however when I plugged it in it would show the battery icon like it usually does except it disappears every 5 seconds then reappears after 5 seconds. I left it to "charge" then unplugged it, as long as the battery is placed inside the phone, the startup Samsung logo pops up, and does the exact same thing the battery icon did: disappears then reappears every 5 seconds.
I tried holding the power button down for as long as I could but it doesn't really help. The only way to get it to stop doing that is to remove the battery.
Connecting it to my laptop obviously doesn't really do me any good.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's the original S4 charger, it can supply 2 Amps, which should be enough to run the phone with no battery in it. (It's how I had them set my note 3 up, because they wouldn't let me leave the store without setting it up, and I wouldn't let them run the phone for the first time on a battery that wasn't fully charged.) It sounds like something on the motherboard.

The good news is that the phone should still be in warranty, so bring it back and let them worry about replacing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power