Why can't I receive texts?

A

AC Question

why cant i receive texts

i have minutes on my phone but it will not allow me to send or recieve texts..it says i have so many minutes left but zero text minutes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why cant i receive texts

Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier do you have? Do you know the details of your plan? SMS isn't counted in minutes--it's counted in total text messages sent or received. So if you don't have an unlimited SMS plan, then you may have already used all of your SMS allotment for the month. Although usually it should still let you send a text--they'll just charge you extra for each additional text.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I recall hearing (quite some time ago) of some carriers charging an extra fee to stop overages. Text messages might have fallen into that. Might that also be the case here?

Joe Mullen

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site

my mother in law has a android trac phone centura, she bought a 60 min prepaid card for it but it will not allow here to send or receive text messages, it says she has so many minutes on it for talk but zero minutes left for text...why ? she should be able to text untill her minutes run out..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It might be something specific to tracphone. Have you called them? Perhaps there is something that needs to be set up still?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt