Why do my playlists on on Google play music app not match what they are on the desktop?

A

AC Question

Why do my playlists on on Google play music app not match what they are on the desktop

If I view my music on my computer my playlists are as they should, if I view them on my app they are completely different, mainly the recently added app. Tried the clear app data and reinstall

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do my playlists on on Google play music app not match what they are on the desktop

Welcome to Android Central! Are only the Auto Playlists different? What about playlists that you created yourself?

Make sure Google Play Music is set to sync with your Google account. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google Play Music is checked on.

Also, open Play Music, swipe in from the left, tap Settings, and tap Refresh. Does that help?

Fencedog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why do my playlists on on Google play music app not match what they are on the desktop

The playlists I've created are fine, this auto-playlist is the only one I used, the 'Thumbs Up' playlist is fine though. I've trired the refresh, didn't help ad sync is ticked. Interestingly enough I've added a new song to my library on the desktop and that has gone to the top of the recently added list as it should on phone and on desktop, added another song from the mobile app, just to test it and thats gone to the top of the list on both desktop and mobile too. So basically it is just all the dates a song was added has gone to ****. To me it seems like Google is doing something weird or data isn't syncing over properly

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

BUMP

Same here. Subscribed playlists do not sync from the web to my phone and tablet. Ones created by me do. All other music syncs fine, uploaded, thumbs up, added to created playlists etc. But a public playlist? Doesnt go to devices from the web.

Playlists i subscribe to on device, DO sync to the web.

I've done all the cache/data/force stop stuff as advised everywhere. Defo seems like a google issue.

uncledo

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm having or was having this issue for a couple hours until I finally trigger my phone to sync my thumbs up from the web app over to my iPhone 6. I don't think this issue is directly related to andriod but I got on the web app and went into my thumbs up playlist, shift selected all the songs that weren't syncing to my phone and clicked the big plus button "add to library", then got on my phone and went into the apps settings and hit refresh. I did this a couple times to test it and it worked, only after I did those steps. It probably a cacheing issue on googles end. So if you're having a thumbs up sync issue i'd try this. Hope it helps.:cool:

Arpiel

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Oh my god. It really works!
I've been struggling with this issue for hours.
'Thumbs up every songs on web app, then tap refresh button on the device app.'
Simple two steps, all playlists synced.
I don't know how it's done, but I feel so happy now.
Thanks a lot!

Ghandric

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the concise answer there. Something I wouldn't have thought to do at first although it worked perfectly. This is a very late reply although after doing some searching I found this post and it helped resolve the issue and I thought I'd take a few moments to say thanks!

Billie Stevens

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Hi B.Diddy! YOU ROCK, thank you so much... this solved my issues on my Samsung phones!!! Unfortunately, this method did not work on my iPad... could you assist me with the doing the same thing for iPads? (I went into "settings" but did not have the option for "Acccounts" or "Google". Thanks for the help!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463