Is there a setting to make the screen always default to off during a call? Thanks!

A

AC Question

Ideally, any time I make or receive a call I'd like for the screen to be automatically turned off as if I always immediately hit the "screen on/off" button once the call was active.

If I needed to use the screen during a call, I'd like to have to hit that button and then unlock the phone.

Thank you for your support!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? The normal function of the phone should be that when you're on a call, the screen will turn off when you hold the phone to your ear--the proximity sensor knows you're on a call and senses your head close by, so it shuts off the screen. Are you saying that even if the phone isn't against your ear, you want the screen to shut off?

Steve123123

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey, B. Diddy. Thanks for responding. (I was the original question asker but hadn't signed in.) I have a Droid Turbo.

Yes, exactly what you described is what I want. I want the screen to turn off independent of how close it is to my ear. If I want the screen on, I want to have to hit the "screen on" button. This would prevent me from ever accidentally hitting screen buttons when I position the phone on my collar during calls as opposed to holding it against my head.

Thanks again!