Why has my camera quality suddenly turned blurry and pixelated?

A

AC Question

So I have a HTC 816, have had it for about 6 months now. It used to take amazing photos, but after not using the camera for a little while it is now blurry and unfocused. All camera settings are normal and reset to default after changing it around a bit. I've searched many forums and websites but I cannot find a straight answer to how to fix it. is there an upgrade? Can I get it serviced? this is quite frustrating as I am a photography/art student and normally just use my phone when I do not have my camera with me. The front or 'selfie' camera works just fine and it's way to awkward to use that all the time!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Take a careful look at the rear camera lens with a strong light and a magnifying glass. Is there any dirt on it?

If not, the camera itself is about $75 (plus labor to install it).

ughbritney

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I can't see any kind of dirt on it (I've cleaned it numerous times), although the lens does look kind of damaged from dropping the phone multiple times. Can I just get the lens cover replaced?

ughbritney

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Just answered my own question with more googling on old threads. Apparently most HTC cameras get a build up of 'grime' and can be cleaned with a drop of water and then scratched gently with a credit card then followed by being wiped with soft cleaning cloth (like one you would use for your glasses) tada.