How do I move apps to an SD card?

A

AC Question

Storage space running out LG G Vista

I have an LG Vista with 8GB internal memory and a 32GB SD card. I am running out of internal memory. Is there any way to move apps I downloaded to the SD care which is virtually empty? I am running Android 4.4.2.

Thanks.

LJ

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Storage space running out LG G Vista

Some apps will run from the SD card. Some, because the "developer" (everyone who can drag&drop thinks he's an app developer) didn't check them from the SD card, won't run on it but will move to it. Some (because the developer tested the app andd knew it wouldn't run from the SD card) can't be moved.

Mocing an app means moving a lot of pieces. Since Android looks in internal storage, every piece leaves a link in internal storage pointing to where it is on the SD card. If there are a lot of small pieces, you don't save much space.

Some apps can only have small parts moved to the SD card - the rest has to run from internal storage, so that doesn't save much space either.

Run Application manager. Pick an app. If there's a Move to SD Card button, and it's not gryed out, press it and whatever can be moved will be. Then try running the app. If it doesn't run, bring it back up in Application manager and the button should say Move to Phone Storage. Press that and the app will be moved back.

Note: Widgets don't run from the SD card. Apps that have widgets may, run, but their widgets won't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital