I have a note 3. Was using it perfectly on two Wifis at home (basic wifi modem and its extender). We were away from home for 3 weeks. On return rest of devices are working fine with both wifi connections however only NOTE 3 is having problem. It connects to the extender wifi but has problem with base modem (Zyxel). Note3 Doesnot remember the password for base modem, when i enter the password, it connects for 2-3 seconds and then is disconnected. Please help.

(I am not an IT expert and am sure that base modem and extender are working fine as well as Note 3 is also fine as it works with other wifi connections without any problem). My auto net work switch is also off. have tried switching Note 3 off / on as well along with modem. Nothing worked.
    01-18-2015 06:27 AM
    Have you tried a reset of the modem? Remove the power source for a minute, then plug it back in and see if that helps. Let us know how it goes.
    01-18-2015 08:28 AM
    Yes i have tried to unplug the modem for ten minutes and then plug back problem remains the same.
    Have also tried:
    First go to Settings->Wifi settings. Tap and HOLD the wifi connection for 2-3 seconds. Select Forget option. Turn off Wifi function. Turn Wifi back on. Now try to connect and enter password.
    or
    1.Go to Settings
    2.Select Apps/Applications Manager->All (You will need to select ALL on top or swipe to the right)
    3.Select Media Storage
    4.Select Clear Data
    5.Turn your Note off and back on.
    6.Test your issue again.
    Or
    1.Go to Settings
    2.Select Apps/Applications Manager->All (You will need to select ALL on top or swipe to the right)
    3.Select Network Locations
    4.Select Force Stop and Clear Data
    5.Go back to ALL and select Google Services Framework
    6.Select Clear Data.
    7.Turn your device off and back on.
    8.Test your issue again.

&

turning off the phone even with taking out the battery
    &
    Typing *#0011# on the phone dialer > Enter a hidden menu >Select Menu > Wi-Fi Setting > Turn off Wi-Fi Power Save Mode (Note: Reboot the phone then go back into *#0011# > Wi-Fi to confirm the Wi-Fi Power Save is OFF)

Result: No change- Problem persisits. Connects to my base modem for 1-2 secs and then drops the connection.

Have read some comments on other forums for Modem but am not an expert about Modem type of things.

Need Help.
    01-24-2015 04:13 AM